We needed to develop and implement a strong media strategy to ensure maximum brand awareness and engagement in the UK market at a time with no planned movie content release, as well as create and roll out supporting activations for a new series launch on Netflix.
Based on our existing expertise and knowledge, we broke down the task into three main points. We wanted to:
- Maintain top of mind and follow an “Always On” approach.
- Drive brand awareness and engagement with consumer products, to continue to grow sales.
- Implement advertising creative that reinforces the brand’s narrative and values.
- Promote the launch of the brand new “Trolls: The Beat Goes On!” series on Netflix.
We created a full media plan for Trolls, carefully planned to target the perfect audience and achieve the maximum outcome. From ideas to strategy and from creative to activations, we rolled out:
- 360 Marketing Plan: We defined how every member of the family interacts and engages with the brand, as well as the optimal way to keep band awareness high throughout the campaign.
- Competition: As part of the run up to our biggest event - the Coronation Party - we ran a Facebook competition with the main retailer for a chance to win tickets to the event!
- Influencer Support: We organised and managed UK’s biggest child influencer to attend and promote the “Coronation Party” event.
- Unboxing Video: We created various unboxing videos to support retailers. Significant media spend was assigned to this content.
- Social Media: We released seasonal digital assets throughout the year on Facebook.
- Game: We created a side scrolling game that promoted brand and character immersion, as well as exploration through narrative. We then offered it to broadcasters on multiple territories for use on their website.
- Digital Media: In order to promote the next drop of episodes on Netflix, we did a high impact takeover campaign on sites with big reach for our target audience. At the same time, we pushed pre-roll ads on Youtube.